Checking In: A Strategy to Help You Manage ALS Stress



Image: Ladyheart

Just as no two ALS journeys are alike, there is no one-size-fits-all method for dealing with the emotional stress of living with the disease.

However, I found a way to continue moving forward. It’s a simple strategy that helps me focus on one problem at a time. A strategy that has helped me maintains a positive mindset and strengthen my resilience ever since I was diagnosed with ALS in 2010.

Whether you are the person living with ALS, or the one providing care, I know this strategy can be of help to you too. It all begins with “checking in” and asking these three basic questions: How do I feel? What do I need? Who or what can help me?

I created this short, 11-minute video to help you learn this easy technique and - - begin using it today!



(Direct link to video: https://youtu.be/WXFrtKuX5r8)

Complement this video by reading these related blog posts:
To learn more about the origin of the technique “checking in” - - which I first experienced years ago when "The Solution" (a weight management program) was taught at our wellness center:



Dagmar Munn
ALS and Wellness Blogger



  
                                 
The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.
William James









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. They will be posted soon.